High Adventure Zion Guided Canyoneering
For those who really like to push their boundaries and experience new heights, we’ve created our high adventure Zion guided canyoneering trips. On these excursions, we cover more terrain at a much faster speed. The hiking is strenuous and there are more rappels involved with some being over 100 feet tall. The learning curve is much steeper. Having some rappelling experience can be beneficial, however, it is not completely necessary. We have taken beginners out, who have picked up the techniques quickly. It really depends on your endurance level, hiking experience, and willingness to push yourself.
If you are still reading and this sounds like the adventure for you, be sure to contact us. There are some incredible slot canyons that we visit on our high adventure trips. That is not to say that slot canyons we go canyoneering on our Half Day and Full Day Zion guided canyoneering trips aren’t just as amazing, they really are. All of the canyons are beautiful and adventurous in their own way, and for most of our guests, a Half or Full Day fits exactly what they are looking for as they plan their Zion guided canyoneering trip.
High Adventure Canyoneering
Let's Go On An Adventure
- Transportation – In a climate controlled luxury Lexus 4 wheel drive SUV
- Pick Up/Meet Up – We will pick you up from your accommodations or from a convenient meeting spot
- Private Guide – A skilled and Wilderness First Responder certified guide for your private group
- Technical Gear –State of the art harnesses, helmets, ropes, and hardware
- Emergency Equipment – Vehicle recovery, rope rescue, first aid kit, and backup water just in case!
- Lunch – Can be provided for an additional cost
What To Bring
- Water – We recommend 3-4 Liters per person for our High Adventure Canyoneering
- Lunch – If you choose to bring your own
- Backpack – To carry personal belongings
- Sun Protection – Sunscreen, Sunglasses, and a Hat
- Medications – Any medicines you may need like an inhaler, epipen, insulin etc…
- Water Bladder Pack or hydration system, if you have one
- Camera/Phone – To take amazing adventure pictures!
What To Wear
- Prepare for Changes In Weather – Dress like an onion. Thin layers close to the body and heavy outer layers. You’d be surprised how quickly the temperature can change here
- We recommend a T-shirt with sleeves and pants like athletic, yoga, or cargo pants
- Shorts – If you want to wear shorts, we recommend that they go down to your knees (no short shorts)
- Athletic and quick dry clothing – Are great options
- Shoes – Lightweight closed toe shoes or hiking shoes
- Face Mask – For following COVID 19 guidelines
Zion Guided Canyoneering
Pictures From Our
High Adventure Trips
What To Expect
On Your Adventure
On the day of your High Adventure Zion guided canyoneering trip, we will pick you up from your accommodations if you are staying in Kanab, or from a convenient meet up spot if you are coming from Springdale, Virgin, St George, or Hurricane. This pick up system allows us to maximize the amount of time we spend exploring on your excursion. From there your adventure begins, so get ready to have some fun!